Friday, March 16, 2012

Declan's blessing day...





Doug and I decided to have Declan blessed on Christmas day. We figured it would be perfect because all the family was already in town and our Bishop was a great sport to allow us to be able to let us bless him that day...
The day was perfect, although I was worried that the day would not happen due to the fact that I was in the hospital the night before (christmas eve night) due to illness and complications from breastfeeding. But The Lord showered us with blessings that day. I was released from the hospital in time and although I was still very sick and weak I felt well enough to be able to enjoy the day. Doug and I had time to go home take quick nap and get us and Declan ready for his big day. We gave Declan a nice warm bath, filled his tummy up and barley made it in time for Sacrament meeting to start.
Doug gave a wonderful blessing while Declan peacefully slept. I remember I felt the spirit very strongly, and at that moment I missed my mother a lot. But as Doug was giving the blessing I knew my mom was there and could hear what was said. I am grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that we have and know that we will all be together again.
Lots of people were there in the circle, and I could feel how much our little baby was loved. I am grateful for their love and the support all of our family and friends continue to show us every day! I am grateful for Declan and his sweet spirit he has brought to our family!

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and your day was truly blessed. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww I love your little fam!!! He looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete