Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My 1st Mother's Day

Mother's Day can bring lots of emotions for many different women. Although this one brought some sadness for me, Doug went above and beyond to make this year extra special.

First, he let me sleep in!! Oh my how wonderful. Then I took a shower without having to rush, and then Doug brought up a yummy breakfast to eat in bed. 
 As I was eating he brought up Declan with a Mother's Day balloon tied on his arm, (because he is the best gift)



As we enjoyed family time we gradually got ready for church. Then we went to my mother in law's ward to surprise her with little Declan. She was very happy that we came  and she could show off Declan. 
After lunch we had a early dinner, that my dad made with my grandpa's. It was nice to enjoy time with them. Then we headed over to celebrate with the Summerhays family. Lots of food, and lots of family which I love. At the Summerhays party we played a game of badmiten and I actually played pretty well, which made me happy because I am usually pretty bad :(.  Over all the day turned out nice and my husband spoiled me. He got me beautiful flowers, a watch and some cute bracelets. He also had the downstairs filled with balloons with pictures of Declan in them. SO cute!



1 comment:

  1. Glad you were spoiled for the day Kels! Good job Douggie :)

    ReplyDelete