Sunday, May 6, 2012

TOFW

I had the chance to go to a weekend Women's Conference called Time Out For Women. It is a church sponsored event put on by the Deseret Book. One of my girl friends was kind enough to organize it, and get it all arranged and boy am I thankful she organized it. She did a great job! There were a lot of women from the Stake who all came down, and about 17 women in my group who went down together. At this even there were Friday night speakers and all day Saturday Speakers. It was super positive and up lifting...Just what us women needed. It was nice to take a break and get away for 2 days. We stayed in a hotel that was walking distance from where the conference was held. We enjoyed, relaxing, shopping, lots and lots of eating:) and mostly some wonderful girl time. What I remember most about the speakers were..... * Take one day at a time and life in the moment. * You will spend an eternity knowing your children as adults and just a short time knowing them as children, so enjoy all the little moments. * Taking good care of your self is not selfish, it's healthy. * Instead of making a "To Do" list at the beginning of the day, make a "Ta-Da" list at the end of the day and see all you accomplished. There were many more wonderful thoughts but those where just a few that I really liked.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you came and thank you for all you did. I love that you mentioned the part about knowing your kids as adults through the eternities - I forgot about that one and it's SO good!

    ReplyDelete