Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Little Moments

Today was a busy day for me...I had a few clients, more than I normally take in a day, and on Wednesday I always go and visit with my grandfather's. This Wednesday I decided to make them dinner. They love to eat and have some company as they eat so I knew they would 
love it if I brought over dinner. I should try and make it more of a habit.

Well, as I was rushing around trying to get everything done, Declan keep clammering for my attention. Every time I would put him down he would cry and want me to pick him back up. After a while I became frustrated with this and got annoyed. He would stand at the baby gate and shake it and cry til I picked him up. Then it hit me.....hello, all your child needs is some of your attention. Are you really that busy to just hold him and play with him? 

Well, I picked him right up. After some cuddles, kisses and a few minutes of playing he was happy and content to keep playing by himself.

  I learned a very valuable lesson today....That I should never be to busy to stop and love and play with my kids. They will grow up to fast!
I think it was the Lord's way of teaching me a lesson and it is one I will never forget. 

2 comments:

  1. Such a great reminder Kelsey! It is so easy to get caught up in you're daily "to dos"...good for u for recognizing it in the moment. U r an awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete