Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Doug's Exam

Doug had to take a HUGE Certification test for his work. This test was very intense and through. It covered lots of material that he doesn't even need to know for his current job and terms that he may never use. He had taken the exam before but failed. 
  
This time we both know how important it was that he pass, so we can move up in the career world and get a raise at his current job. Since he had taken the test and had done lots of research, he knew this what to expect. He spent hours upon hours studying. He was lucky enough to have time at work to study and then he would come home and study for  few hours. 
This was a BIG test of our faith. We needed to pass and we needed to show the Lord that he needed to pass. So we went to work....prayed ALOT! Paid our tithing and fast offerings. We went to the Temple, and had a few special fast specifically for this test. I truly felt that we had done all the we could and the rest was up to the Lord. SO the day of the test, we went to the Temple, to feel calm and comforted. And then Doug went off to take his test. It may of been the longest 2 hours of my life weighting for the results. I prayed harder then I have ever done before and left my heart in the Lord's hands. 

and right about 5 pm, doug called me with the news. I felt a huge wave of relief and was soooooo happy. Mostly happy for Doug because he had worked so hard, and I wanted him to feel proud of himself and feel accomplished. I am sure proud of him! He did amazing and I am excited to see what our future holds. 

1 comment: