Monday, September 10, 2012

Memories

I have been working on organizing all of stuff that is in my parents house. My dad is getting remarried, in Oct so I figure I could start going through all of holiday decorations my mom had and distributing it out to the family. It has been a very therapuetic process that I didn't think I would enjoy as much as I do. It has been truly wonderful for me to slowly take each item out of the box and take a picture of it so my sisters can see it. I think of all the special memories that go along with each item. 

In 1 box i found Halloween bags for each of my sisters and i that she never got around to giving us, but oh how we will treasure that gift now. She was always so thoughtful and each holiday she would try to get us a few things that we could decorate our house with. 


I miss my mother in these moments and so wish I could just have her back for just a few moments. But in my heart I know she knows and is watching. I know she is happy that her stuff is being used and carefully distributed out to those she loves, to be cherished and loved. 

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cute Kelsey! Your mom sounds like an amazing woman and such a good mother! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete