Monday, September 3, 2012

Snuggle Time

So Declan has been going through a phase where he has been waking up at night at standing at his crib and crying/screaming. It is somewhat alarming because he has never done this before. It is one of those cries where it is hard to know whether or not there is something wrong or not. Anyways, sometimes there is no way to calm him down. After he drinks his bottles he continues to rage or sometimes he rages and refuses his bottles, and that is the most frustrating. 
The only thing that helps keep me sane when he does is, is the fact that often times the only way to calm him down is to snuggle and cradle him. And although I am tired and frustrated, I cherish those few quiet moments where I get to snuggle him I just smell him and stare and him. At those moments I feel so in love with this little baby and feel very blessed that he is apart of our lives. 

4 comments:

  1. Ok that makes me slightly, like teeny itsy bitsy, want a little baby. So precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny Rachel. it doesn't make me baby hungry at all. I think I see a number 5 in your future! :-)

      Delete
    2. Haha that itsy bitsy won't get a fifth out of me :)

      Delete
  2. That is so sweet! Such a cute little guy. Well, the waking up screaming part isn't cute. But you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete