Friday, September 7, 2012

The Daily Grind

When I was a little girl, I loved to play house and teacher. I am sure lots of little girls do this. When I played I never put much thought about me actually being a mom. I always knew that I wanted to be one, but I thought I would be nervous and get scared. The moment Declan was born all those fears washed away. 
I can honestly say that I have been very calm and not at all nervous. Things have come very naturally to be, and I was easily able to figure Declan out and get the hang of things. We naturally fell into a routine and slowly my life became a nice schedule and routine. I am not obsessed with keeping this routine, but I have found that this routine has made my life much easier. I know what to expect and how my day is going to go.
I feel incredibly lucky to be able to stay home and take care of Declan. He is such a joy and I throughly enjoy playing with him and chasing him around the house. I realize that I wont have all these little moments with all of our children so I am soaking as much as this as I can. 

1 comment:

  1. That is very admirable! I was a hot mess with my first one! Youre a good mommy!

    ReplyDelete